Thursday, November 5, 2009

He's just my Dale.

Most wouldn't believe it, but I'm a romantic.
Through and through,
in the true sense of the word.
Nothing could make me happier than people, nature, love, beauty. 
& I'm pretty happy to find all of the above in most things. 

& yet I don't want to settle down. 

The other day I was told I'd live this way until I turned 27.
Then, I'd meet Dale.
Something would happen, who knows what.
But, he'd tie me down.
This semi-attractive tradie. 
I'd live my life finding comfort in a few material things,
COMFORT.
Not happiness, 
just, comfort.
Years would pass,
and then one day, finally, I would decide maybe I did love him, & my offspring, & their offspring. 
For no other reason than he provided security, & comfort.

I wanted to spew a little.
I actually still do. 

That's my problem.
It's not that I don't believe in love.
It's not that I don't see how amazing people can be.
Actually, I think I love most people too much,
I'm pretty carefree like that.
So, I believe in love.
I just don't believe in comfort.
Nothing could make me more, well, uncomfortable.

Comfort has never meant happiness for me, 
and it never could.

I'm not even saying I'm right.
I'm not even sure if I'm convinced that I am..
I actually feel horrible that I can't give things a go, because I want something more.
But, I do.
Dale just isn't enough.
In fact, Dale couldn't scare me more.
Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment