Monday, November 9, 2009

tied up with string.

have you ever reminisced about which movies from your childhood scare you?
well, I always have the most curious response.

THE SOUND OF MUSIC.

(seriously.)

I don't know what it is that i found scary about it. probably the general happy sentiment & excessively happy sing-alongs? either way, putting that movie on was a sure fire way to make me cry.
yet to this day one part of the movie still sits with me.
maria, and her stupidly catchy verse.

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things




I woke up this morning in the midst of exams; said goodmorning to my new b.f.f. sleep deprivation (that's another story, kids); and found a sea of packages waiting for me on the table.

in a frenzied opening of packages my mind was set into conflict.
[online shopping tends to ruin my bank account,]
[what have i actually bought?!]
[i really do enjoy the romantic aspect of "presents" in the mail (regardless of whether i have to enter my credit card details to get them)].

just bare with me a second longer, i'm in word-count filling mode. i AM going somewhere.
(just not necessarily in a direction you will care for).

But here is my favourite package:
a small, but stupidly kind gesture from my b.f.f. who i haven't seen in months.
the perfect study aid +++ sent me into a little pixie squee.
"cute little pixie girls get more!"
<3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment